Stop….Weight a Minute!
Here at Primal Fitness we like lifting weights, lots of weights from the big compound lifts like Deadlift and Squats all the way down to small accessory lifts - they all have there place in a well designed plan to help us become super strong and healthy for life.
Here are a few big reasons why you should make lifting weights part of your life.
- They help us look good naked. Becoming more toned is actually building muscle - When your body feels harder, tighter and more compact, that's muscle.
- It helps us burn fat by raising out metabolic rate which means you will burn more calories throughout the day.
- Lifting weights can help correct muscular imbalances created by our sedentary lifestyle.
- You will build strong bones and ligaments which help prevent injuries.
- Being strong is amazing, feeling yourself become more able and complete tasks you'd once of asked for help with is hugely satisfying. I remember when I pulled myself up a tree for the first time, it felt great and that was all down to lifting weights.
- A huge one is that you'll be youthful for longer, more able to run around, play with your children, do the gardening, walk up a big hill, dance and whatever else you enjoy.
If you fancy giving weights a go then swing by the gym and we will get you started on the road to being a stronger version of yourself.